To celebrate International Mother Language Day (21 February) and the International Year of Indigenous Languages (2019), the Korean National Commission for UNESCO is launching an online project to gather recordings of extracts from The Little Prince, read aloud in as many of the world’s languages as possible.
Would you like to join them, sharing your voice in your mother language?* Indigenous languages are especially welcomed!
*Note: Readers for English, French, Spanish and German have already been selected, so these languages are not required.
To participate, follow the directions below.
1. Register as a reader – complete the first part of the submission form (i.e. 1. Register as a reader) and send it to email@example.com by 17 January 2019.
2. Find the text of “The Little Prince” in your mother language
3. Choose the part you wish to read (approximately 1-2 paragraphs – no more than half a page)
4. Find a quiet place and record your reading
5. Indicate the part you have recorded on part 2 of the submission form
6. Send the two files (recording + submission form) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2019.
Selections from submitted recordings will be included on the Korean National Commission for UNESCO’s project website, to be launched on Mother Language Day, 21 February 2019.