Call for Expressions of Interest for UNESCO NZ Second Contestable Activity Funding Round, 2014/15 Financial Year
NOTE: The purpose of calling for Expressions of Interest is to enable those individuals and organisations which will be submitting an application for funding to receive immediate guidance from the Secretariat of the National Commission on the appropriateness of the proposed project for funding.
Submitting an Expression of Interest by the set date (9 January 2015) does NOT also stand as submitting a formal application, such applications follow a separate process and are due on February 9 2015.
The NZ National Commission for UNESCO is calling for Expressions of Interest for the second stage of its Contestable Activity Funding Round for the 2014/15 financial year.
Grants will be made of amounts between $5,000 and $25,000 (up to $40,000 for exceptional ‘high level’ projects, ie projects whose ‘reach’ throughout New Zealand will be considerable).
Projects must be completed by 30 June 2015 but should it be a ‘high level’ project, the National Commission will discuss whether it is possible to spread the project over a longer period.
The National Commission would particularly welcome Expressions of Interest for a ‘high level’ project which contributes to one of the following Strategic Priorities:
• Contribute to the development of New Zealand’s high quality education system to encourage life-long education for all (to mark the end of Education for All goals in 2015)
• Promote intercultural dialogue and respect for cultural and linguistic diversity
Expressions of interest are also welcome for projects relevant to the any of the strategic priorities, the other four Strategic Priorities of the National Commission being:
• Engage New Zealand youth to be creative and innovative global citizens particularly in the context of sustainability and in the development of resilience
• Connect science, policy and people for a sustainable New Zealand and the Pacific
• Protect and promote our heritage, and foster creativity
• Promote freedom of expression and universal access to information and knowledge
You are invited to submit Expressions of Interest (a summary of the project, identification of other likely contributors and an indication of the level of budget sought) to Elizabeth Rose, Secretary General of the National Commission, (email@example.com) by Friday 9 January 2015