The New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO offers Major Grants each year.
Applications are now being sought for Major Grant funding worth between $10,000 and $40,000 for our 2021/22 round.
We are calling for Expressions of Interest for the 2021/22 round by 5pm, 9 July 2021.
Expression of Interest Form (due 9 July 2021)
Major Grant Application Form (to be filled in by shortlisted applicants by 5pm, 6 August 2021),
We are seeking innovative projects, events, programmes or initiatives that reflect our mission:
Deepening connections between the people of Aotearoa – New Zealand and UNESCO globally through the sharing of ideas and building capability for a better and more peaceful future.
And priority areas:
- Oceans for the Wellbeing of People and the Planet, in particular the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030).
- Empowering Communities for Sustainable Futures.
- Indigenous Knowledge, including the UN Decade of Indigenous Languages (2022-2032).
- Freedom of Responsible Expression.
- UNESCO programmes in New Zealand.
Read about the most recently funded Major Grants:
Past major grant recipients